Are you thinking about selling your condo? Perhaps you’re weighing the pros and cons of how to sell and wondering, “Should I Hire a Real Estate Agent to Sell my Condo in Orange County or Sell to an Investor?” If so, then this blog post is for you! (It also applies to anyone looking to sell a condo in Southern California)…
Selling a condo is a big, complex decision, so you’re smart to be thinking through all the steps of the process.
Should I Hire a Real Estate Agent to Sell my Condo in Orange County or Sell to an Investor?
Pros And Cons Of Working With An Agent
- An experienced agent will be familiar with all of the steps in the process
- You won’t have to do the actual negotiating – the agent will take care of that for you
- The agent will guide you step-by-step
- It’s more likely that you might get a price closer to your asking price
- You’ll have to pay to fix up your condo
- You’ll have to clean up your condo and possibly stage it
- You’ll have to wait while the agent shows your property to prospective buyers for an indeterminate period of time
- … which means you’ll have to pay bills, taxes, and insurance on the property the whole time the condo is being shown
- You’ll have to pay commissions to your agent and the buyer’s agent at closing
- You might not get a price closer to your asking price after all
Pros And Cons Of Working With An Investor
- An experienced investor often buys properties on a weekly or monthly basis, so they know what they are doing
- You’ll know exactly what the offer is right away – there’s no guesswork or gambling on the market
- You don’t have to pay to fix up your condo
- You don’t have to clean up your condo
- You can usually close very quickly
- … which means you don’t have to pay bills, taxes, and insurance on the property that whole time
- You don’t have any commissions or closing costs
- An investor usually pays less than “market price”
Which Is Better For You?
For many property owners it comes down to just a few simple questions:
- How soon do you want to sell?
- Would you rather gamble to try to get market price (paying more in bills in the interim) or know right away exactly how much you’ll get (and save money in all those expenses)?
When you answer those questions then you’ll discover the answer to your question, “Should I Hire a Real Estate Agent to Sell my Condo in Orange County or Sell to an Investor?”
Ready to Sell Soon?
If you’re thinking of selling and have questions about the process or to see how much we can offer for your property, just reach out to us and let us know about the condo. We’ll see how we can help – we might be able to give you a cash offer right away, or we can connect you with a great realtor. Just call us at (714) 576-6282 or click here now and fill out the form and we’ll get back to you right away.